Sunday, June 20, 2010

Friend Enemy Peace

We will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
  •  
“Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.”
If humanity is to progress, Gandhi is inescapable. he lived, thought, and acted, inspired by the vision of humanity evolving toward a world of peace and harmony. We may ignore him at our own risk.


                                           Martin Luther King

A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him.

If you want to make peace, you don’t talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies

Love has power that dispels Death; charm that conquers the enemy
                                                        Kahlil Gibran 
  •  
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent
                                               Mohandas K. Gandhi 
  •  
The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend." 
                                                      Abraham Lincoln  
  •  
"The way of peace is the way of love. Love is the greatest power on earth. It conquers all things."
                                                       Peace Pilgrim
 
 
                                  


Poetry on a Friend

H. W. Longfellow

 I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.
I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?
Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.
 
William Shakespeare 

When to the session of sweet silent thought
I summon up remembrance of things past,
I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,
And with old woes new wail my dear time's waste:
Then can I drown an eye, unused to flow,
For precious friends hid in death¹s dateless night,
And weep afresh love's long since cancelled woe,
And moan the expense of many a vanish¹d sight:
Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,
And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er
The sad account of fore-bemoaned moan,
Which I new pay as if not paid before.
But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
All losses are restored and sorrows end.


Green Day Know Your Enemy


Nobel Peace Prize 2009
Barack Obama


President of the United States. Born Barack Hussein Obama on August 4, 1961, in Honolulu. He was awarded the peace prize October 2009.On accepting the peace prize in Oslo Norway Obama said 

   I am at the beginning, and not the end, of my labors on the world stage. Compared to some of the giants of history who've received this prize -- Schweitzer and King; Marshall and Mandela -- my accomplishments are slight.

The belief that peace is desirable is rarely enough to achieve it. Peace requires responsibility.  Peace entails sacrifice."

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. Mother Theresa


Peace 
Henry Vaughan


My Soul, there is a country
 Afar beyond the stars,
 Where stands a winged sentry
 All skillful in the wars;
 There, above noise and danger
 Sweet Peace sits, crown'd with smiles,
 And One born in a manger
 Commands the beauteous files.
 He is thy gracious friend
 And (O my Soul awake!)
 Did in pure love descend,
 To die here for thy sake.
 If thou canst get but thither,
 There grows the flow'r of peace,
 The rose that cannot wither,
 Thy fortress, and thy ease.
 Leave then thy foolish ranges,
 For none can thee secure,
 But One, who never changes,
 Thy God, thy life, thy cure











No comments:

Post a Comment